Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 272 - Time for Woolens

After months in the 90's and rapid change in temps, was it really only a couple of weeks ago that I was wearing shorts, I broke down and dug out my turtlenecks and heavy sweaters.  It was 58 in my bedroom this morning, but I slept well under quilts and afghans.  But the chill had me pulling on the Nagano sweater, wool socks and a wool hat to stay warm.  Actually I'm wearing all of that in the house because it's a bit chilly.

Actually it's unusually cold for this time of year in central Ohio.  October is a bridge month and some of us try to put off turning on the heat as long as possible.  My goal is November 1 and right now that seems like a real challenge.  I think I'll be trading wheels with my sister tomorrow at church so I can get some firewood from Dad tomorrow afternoon before trading back at the wedding shower we're hosting for our cousin at my sister's house.  I only have to hold out a couple of days and it will be back in the mid to upper 70's during the day and mid 50's at night.

And yes at the moment, I'm very thankful that I know how to knit and have a couple of heavy UFO's to snuggle under in front of the fire while I knit, and watch Hawaii 5-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment