Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 271 - Something Purple Arrived in the Mail

It was a crazy wild evening and you can read about it here

I came home to a package in my mailbox and it contained a really yummy purple hank of fibery wonder from the really nice folks here.  I've met these folks at shows and they are just great people.  I can't say enough nice things about them or their yarn.  I've knit with their yarn in the past and it feels wonderful.


This is Lhasa Wilderness in the color Regal.  It's 75% yak and 25% bamboo, fingering weight.  And it's destined to become a hat.

I have a good friend who was diagnosed with cancer last week.  Her treatment is going to cost her hair and she's going to need soft and warm head gear especially going into a cold New England winter.  So this will become a chemo cap.  An exotic one, but I have great faith in her and/or her husband's ability to care for hand knits.

We have a running joke that I'm a natural fiber snob, and that I really do like to find yarns that feel really good in my hands.  I also like to play with the more unusual fibers when I get a chance.  I like to share the joy too.  So I will knit my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery into this and send it forth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment