Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 327 - Black Friday

The reports say that at least 50 percent of Americans were participating in Black Friday shopping.  Which I have to say puts me solidly in the minority, as I can't remember the  last time I shopped on Black Friday.  I know I haven't in the last 4 years because of the job situation, and I was never fond of it anyway.   Since I'm working retail these days to pay the bills, I had to work today.  It was a very quiet day at the pro desk,  not too many contractors working.  I was sending texts to a couple of pros that I knew were working asking them to please send me something to do. 

My right wrist was damaged earlier this week. I suspect by a guy who somehow managed to twist my wrist while shaking my hand.  So I'm wearing a wrist brace to immobilize it and serve as a warning to others to take it easy when they shake my hand.  Hopefully it will heal quickly.

It doesn't hamper my ability to knit, so I'm continuing work on the fingerless mitt pattern.  I'm past the cuff and into the hand heading for the thumb opening.  This is actually a pretty simple pattern and the yarn is heavy enough that the piece grows quickly.  (Only 35 stitches around helps too.)  I suspect that I will be close to finishing the hand this evening and moving onto the thumb in the morning.

How did your day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment