Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 316 - Back in the Saddle

Machine Knitting.  The swatch hit gauge on the first try.  I measured it this morning after letting it rest overnight.  So this evening while the lightning flashed and the thunder rumbled I cast on and start on the stocking.  I got through about a third of the design, and am in the middle of the chunk of intarsia with texture.  Slow going there.  Hopefully I will get thru the rest of the intarsia tomorrow night, so I can put this one on HK needles to be finished and cast on to repeat it again for a second one.

Flower bulbs were half off tonight when I was leaving the store, so I grabbed a bunch to plant in the new beds under the oaks.  I love spring bulbs and there are enough here to do succession planting in layers, so the color should last for several weeks.

How did your day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment