Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 312 - Patience?

Today has been a lesson in patience.  The program that we use to write quotes/sales and sell the same went down nationwide sometime this morning.  If you happened to be using it before it decided to run away and hide somewhere, you were fine.  The program worked and life was pretty normal.  I happened to be signed in and once we realized there was a problem we really watched to make sure someone didn't sign us out.  Once you were out there was no way to log back in. 

By the end of the day I was the only one in my department still able to make quotes.  This would be amusing, except that I ended up with a line of contractors wanting to place orders or get quotes.  Since I was already on the phone with another customer, who wasn't quite as decisive, so it took way too long and they left.  Normally at the end of the day you close out all the programs you've been using and clock out.  Tonight I taped a large note on the computer to remind everyone to leave it alone.  Hopefully I'll still be able to do my job in the morning. 

My knitting patience came in the form of this.  60 stitches on wee steel needles and the color pattern is just starting to emerge.  Yes I made my 11.


How did your day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment