Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 325 - Prep work

Today has been a minimal fiber day.  I have (gasp) done no knitting.  I did manage to get my 11 by reading knitblogs this evening. 

So what did I do instead?  Cooked.  Bouillabaise was on the menu for dinner, cod, mussels, scallops and shrimp cooked with fresh onion, and garlic, tomatoes and herbs.  In a pork stock base, frozen from our Sauerkraut luncheon last month.  Then cranberry sauce and a pair of sweet potato pies for tomorrow's meal and rather large pile of dirty dishes took up the rest of the evening.  When I get done with the posts tonight, I'll be putting ingredients into the bread machine so there will be fresh bread in the morning.  That will leave me with my asparagus tomato pesto pasta salad to make in the morning.  Robin will be shocked if I manage to show up on time.  But I'm doing all the prep in advance for once so maybe...

And the even bigger shock of the night was that I actually clocked out and left work on time for the first time in a couple of weeks.

If you're in the US, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your day off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment