Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Robin

Today is my baby sister's birthday. And she's old enough to have stopped counting. To celebrate she took the afternoon off and came to my house to knit. Yes she has one FO and is starting her second project. She knit, I inventoried stash and helped her when she got stuck. She is seeing progress so she's happy.

We had much discussion about color preferences. I was laughing that I was surprised at how many warm rusty reds and hot fuschia pinks I was finding in the stash as I have always thought that blue was my favorite color. I have long claimed to hate pink, but have found a lot of it in the bins. She prefers jewel tones, and rich dark colors so much of the stuff did nothing for her. She did admire a crazy ball I had made about 8 or 9 years ago so I gifted to her. Happy birthday (and I don't have to count it. win/win.)

The count continues but the living room is now relatively accessible, so there is progress. As of this writing Ravelry says that I have logged 613 yarns and I have 7 bins to go. I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment