Thursday, February 24, 2011


After spending some time figuring out how to separate the jacquard portion from the fair isle patterning, and then correcting all of the color change and color errors that DAK found, I started knitting my jacquard swatch.  I quickly discovered that re-threading the tensioner every couple of rows really bites.  And I'm not half done with the swatch yet.

So I found my pdf of the parts manual and emailed Lea-Ann at Knitting Today  to see if she could order me the parts. One of the pluses of becoming gainfully employed again is the ability to buy the tools I need to correctly solve a problem.

The other thing this swatch is showing me is that I'm definitely going to have to come up with a plan to deal with the LONG floats on the back of the jacquard portion of the pattern.  This book, Jacquard for All arrived in the mail earlier this week.  Written for Silver Reed and Brother machines, both punch card and electronic, I'm finding that I have several options available.  And that's what swatches are for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment